Reflection 2

| Monday, July 13, 2009


Today is a a hectic day for me. Long hour of lecture which begins at 8am and at 5pm is really an energy consuming. Not having enough sleep since last night had given me even harder time to go through such lecture. Back to PBEY3102, what I learned today was teamwork among group members and learning to use ICT skill efficiently. Each and every group in the class has been assigned to do a group presentations on working with young language learner. Topic for my group is Children's ability to grasp meaning. What I have gained after reading an article is that children's mind is not blank before they are entering the school. "Meaning precedes understanding" that is how children understand language at early stage. Children derive meaning from intonation, gestures, facial expression and action. For example, children know teacher is angry if she stop smiling and silent. Besides that, children bring a long what they have learned in their mother tongue to school. Mother tongue serves as an assistance to their second language learning which is English. Transition of meaning from mother tongue to English is made. Children try to make connection between both languages.
What comes next for PBEY3102 is group assignment. I have volunteered myself to join photo editing group since it is my interest in photography. I am waiting for what to come next and hope can learn something new after this. Stop here, go to toilet to answer nature call.

0 comments: